Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Sick, sick, always sick.

I'm almost 10 weeks now and in the past 2 months I have been so sick with cold after cold. The morning sickness isn't nearly as bad now that I'm taking anti-nausea pills. They didn't help with the morning sickness while I was pregnant with Kylie, but they seem to be working miracles with this little one. I'm very grateful for this baby, so I feel guilty that I feel so bitter about the first trimester. I'm just so miserable its hard to enjoy the fact that I'm not just sick, I'm growing a person. Anyway, I love this little one just as much as I loved Kylie. And its all worth it in the long run. 

We have decided on a couple names. I didn't want to discuss names until we knew what we were having, but on New Years Matthew came up with Luke Ryder and Sydney Lane. I'm not 100% set on Sydney, but I like the boy name. 

 I have a check up today. I'm looking forward to it. My only concern, I don't know if I want to continue going to this OB. He was good with us when we were having Kylie, but the more stories I hear, and the more bad experiences I have with his staff, I can't help but feel I should change doctors sooner than later. My Dr was on Christmas vacation, so the office was closed for 2 weeks. My morning sickness had faded in slowly right before leaving for vacation. The first 3 days were absolutely miserable. Christmas Eve and Day weren't so bad because I was very busy and distracted...a little sick but I wasn't curled up on the couch whining. Lol. After Christmas day at my in laws, we were driving home and it had really begun. I was throwing up the whole way home and the rest of the night was spent feeling sorry for myself on the couch. From then on it was just horrible. And I felt so bad because my family just wanted to spend time together for the holidays. That Friday, I called my OB...it was about 8am. I told the girl that I needed something for the morning sickness. She seemed very helpful at first, telling me that as soon as the Dr was in she would have him write the prescription and call me as soon as its faxed to my pharmacy. At 9am, I called back because I remembered they cancelled my last check up and I didn't reschedule it. The same girl answered and seemed to have assumed I was rushing them. I explained I wasn't worried they had forgotten me, I just wanted to reschedule my appointment and I also had a question about what they were prescribing me. I explained that four years ago, Dr Miller had prescribed me something for the morning sickness with Kylie and it didn't work, in fact, it had made it worse. I asked if there was any way for her to check my records so they aren't giving me the same thing. She said that because it was so long ago, they would have to look in my chart. There was a small pause and I said, "So, do you want to place me on hold and check on that or.....?" At that point her generosity seemed to take an all time fall. I said, "Okay, well I look forward to hearing back from you about my prescription, Hopefully it will help." By noon, I had still not heard back from the office about my script. So, I called to follow up, they didn't answer. I didn't listen to the voice mail recording, instead, I hung up, and tried back and hour or two later...the second time, I did listen to the recording and they were out of the office on Fridays at 12pm. FOR THE DAY! Are you kidding me?! No call regarding my prescription, and they are out for the weekend!? I was livid. I called my pharmacist, they said they had my pills there and they were ready for pick up. That night, the office manager called me.  Apparently she left something in the office and noticed a post-it note to follow up with me. I told her that she has been the only helpful person I have encountered with that entire office. I appreciated her assistance, she gave me her cell number so I could contact her if I needed anything more. I was ready to call that Monday to cancel my appointment and take myself and our new baby to a different OBGYN. Taylor saved Dr Miller from losing a patient. I still plan to give Dr Miller a piece of my mind, only because I think he should know, if he doesn't already, how his patients are being treated. I have worked in Customer Service most of my life, and I currently work with patients.  I have VERY high standards and expectations for customer service/bed side manner. So I think this appointment will determine how much longer I continue seeing my OB. The girls annoy me anyway, just walking in the office, they all have serious looks on their faces, not warm, inviting, friendly faces. They look like they are about 16-18 years old, picked off the cheer leading squad, and they don't seem to know what they are doing. If that doesn't turn women away, I don't know what would. Lol.

 I will try to remember to write more often. Unfortunately, I don't care for the app or web version of this on my phone...and our laptop is a piece of junk, so its less than convenient to write :( Which is sad cause I want to write as much about this baby as I did about it's sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment